Sunday, February 1, 2009

No Wine & Bacon Haiku

No wine for me now
Not that I don't like it, but
No beer or spirits.

I think I'll sample
Something else, that refreshes,
Maybe some fruit juice

Orange or grapefruit
Or some kind of berry juice
With lemon slices

Than perhaps some tea
Matcha brewed to a deep green
Color of pea soup

Later in the day
Clear, chilled mineral water
Sparkling in the glass.

As I take a sip,
I already think about
Tomorrow's coffee.

Wine in the future?
Of course, I will take a glass
Well, maybe next week.

Finally, a bacon Haiku:

Hot greasy bacon
Lets fat drip across your plate
Smoke scents drift upward.



Mark Shardine is a featured poet for 'Cultural Art Expression' and is showing a great talent for writing food poetry!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at a bacon haiku
:-0 ;-)

theUngourmet said...

I used to work in an organic grocery store. There is a guy named Mike that works there who is a bacon fanatic! For Halloween he made himself a slice of bacon costume!

I love your food poetry blog! Great idea!